Join us in Chengdu on June 15- June 16, 2019 for the 13th IACP Annual Conference
Conference Theme: “Sharing Cities: Challenges and Responses to New Urban Planning”
How to Register
IACP Conference Registration website is open now. The deadline of advanced registration is May 1, 2019. The deadline to register for conference presentation is June 1, 2019.
Please contact IACP at firstname.lastname@example.org regarding general issues on conference registration.
Please contact Southwest Jiaotong University at email@example.com regarding issues on conference fee payment and invoices for conference participants from mainland China.
The working language for the IACP conference is English.
- Conference Program (subject to change)
- Schedule at a glance (draft, subject to change)
- IACP does not consider scheduling requests. Once the conference program is created, presenters who cannot present during their scheduled time must withdraw from the program. We strongly recommend presenters make travel reservations that allow the presentation in any of the six parallel sessions (Please see Schedule at a glance).
- The conference venue will be located at Southwest Jiaotong University (Xipu Campus). The address is No. 999, Xi’an Road, Xipu Town, Pidu District, Chengdu. Conference participants are advised to book their own hotels and transportation in advance and attend the whole conference. See Information for Transportation and Hotel.
- Applications for the following five awards are open: 2019 IACP Karen R. Polenske Best Student Paper Award; 2019 ACSP/IACP Karen R. Polenske Best Student Paper Award; 2019 IACP Best Student Paper Award; 2019 IACP Travel Award; 2019 IACP Distinguished Service Award; 2019 IACP Rising Scholar Award.
Keynotes and International Experts
International Keynote Speakers
Roberto Quercia The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
Piper Gaubatz University of Massachusetts
Robin Hickman University College London
Allie Thomas The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
Rachelle Alterman Technion – Israel Institute of Technology
Robert Liberty Portland State University
Conference Organizing Committee
IACP Conference Committee
Lingqian Hu, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
Hongwei Dong, California State University, Fresno
Yiping Fang, Portland State University
Xiaoguang Wang, Central Michigan University
Junfeng Jiao, The University of Texas at Austin
Local Host, Southwest Jiaotong University
Faming Yao, vice president of Southwest Jiaotong University
Zhongwei Shen, secretary of the party committee, School of Architecture & Design
Qing Shen, Professor of Washington University, Overseas president of School of Architecture & Design
Xu Cui, vice dean of School of Architecture & Design
Yang Yu, deputy chair of Department of Urban Planning
Linglan Bi, deputy chair of Department of Urban Planning
Conference Registration Policy
The schedule of fees is listed below. In order to claim membership benefits for the conference this year, the membership fee must be paid before February 1 of this year. Please visit our membership status query website to check your membership status.
The key benefits include discounted registration fees and eligibility for IACP’s student awards and travel grants.
|Before May 1, 2019||After May 1, 2019|
|Non-member, non-student||250 USD||350 USD|
|Non-member, student||50 USD||100 USD|
|Member*2, non-student||Waived||100 USD|
|Member*2, student||Waived||50 USD|
|Non-member, non-student||1,500 RMB||1,800 RMB|
|Non-member, student||500 RMB||800 RMB|
|Member*2, non-student||1,200 RMB||1,500 RMB|
|Member*2, student||400 RMB||700 RMB|
*1 Oversea includes those attendees who work/study outside of mainland China. This includes attendees who work/study in Hong Kong, Taiwan, and Macao.
*2 Member refers to the one who has membership paid by February 1 of this year. Please check the membership information and payment methods at the IACP membership status query website.
* The Conference will NOT schedule presentation for participants who register after June 1, 2019.
Reimbursements of conference registration fee: Prior to May 15 of this year, full reimbursements will be granted, less a 20% administrative fee. No reimbursements will be granted after May 15.
Payment Methods for Participants from Overseas, Hong Kong, Taiwan, and Macau
There are two ways for you to pay the fees. You may choose either one.
- Pay via PayPal during the registration process. If you pay with non-US dollars, use the market exchange rate for conversion.
- You write a personal check made payable to ‘INT ASSOCIATION FOR CHINA PLANNING.’
Mail the check to the following address:
IACP c/o Prof. Rui Wang
1619 Massachusetts Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20036
Prof. Rui Wang will then deposit the checks for you.
Payment Methods for Participants from Mainland China
扫码支付后，请将付款成功截图与填写好的《13th IACP 发票信息登记表》一同发至邮箱swjtu_iacp2019@163.com
Past conference archives can be found here.