Join us in Xi’an on June 30-July 1, 2018 for the 12th IACP Annual Conference
Conference Theme: Globalization vs. Localization: International Experience and Chinese Practice in a New Era
How to Register
IACP Conference Registration website is open now. The deadline of advanced registration is May 1, 2018.
For further information about registration, please continue reading our conference registration policy.
- Conference Program
- The conference registration desk will be open at the Lobby (second floor), School of Architecture Building from 13:00 to 21:00 on June 29 and from 7:00 to 11:00 on June 30.
- Note that the conference venue will be located at Xi’an University of Architecture & Technology. The address is 13 Yanta St, Xi’an, Shaanxi, China, 710055. Conference participants are advised to book their own hotels and transportation. IACP does not designate an official hotel for the conference.
- Applications for the following five awards are open: 2018 IACP Karen R. Polenske Best Student Paper Award; 2018 IACP Best Student Paper Award; 2018 IACP Travel Award; 2018 IACP Distinguished Service Award; 2018 IACP Rising Scholar Award.
Conference Language and Conference Proceedings
The working language for the IACP conference is English.
If your abstract is accepted for podium presentation and you wish to publish the full paper in the Conference proceeding, please submit your full paper in Springer format by May 1, 2018. You can upload the full paper by using the function of “add file” to update your existing submission on EasyChair. The full paper needs to include the title page, abstract, keywords, the main body, as well as other necessary components, in English only. Please indicate the EasyChair ID of your accepted abstract in the title page of your submission. For instruction on paper format, please refer to Springer Manuscript Guidelines and Springer Key Style Points. Please note that not all submissions will be accepted for publication. For accepted papers, an additional publication fee is required. Please do not pay publication fee until requested.
Keynotes and International Experts
Evelyn Blumenberg, Professor and Chair, Department of Urban Planning, University of California, Los Angeles
Noreen McDonald, Professor and Chair, Department of City and Regional Planning, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
Frederick Steiner, Dean and Paley Professor, School of Design, University of Pennsylvania
Conference Registration Policy
The schedule of fees is listed below. In order to claim membership benefits for the conference this year, the membership fee must be paid before February 1 of this year. Please visit our membership status query website to check your membership status.
|Before May 1, 2018||After May 1, 2018|
|Overseas, Hong Kong, Taiwan, and Macau*1|
|Non-member, non-student||250 USD||350 USD|
|Non-member, student||50 USD||100 USD|
|Member*2, non-student||Waived||100 USD|
|Member*2, student||Waived||50 USD|
|Non-member, non-student||1,500 RMB||1,800 RMB|
|Non-member, student||500 RMB||800 RMB|
|Member*2, non-student||1,200 RMB||1,500 RMB|
|Member*2, student||400 RMB||700 RMB|
|Proceeding paper publication||470 USD / 3,250 RMB|
*1 Attendees who work/study outside of mainland China. This includes attendees who work/study in Hong Kong, Taiwan, and Macau.
*2 Member refers to the one who has membership paid by February 1 of this year. Please check the membership information and payment methods at the IACP membership status query website.
* Participants who register after June 1, 2018 will not be scheduled to present.
* Reimbursements of conference registration fee: Prior to June 1, 2018, full reimbursements will be granted, with a 20% administrative fee. No reimbursements will be granted after June 1.
Payment Methods for Participants from Overseas, Hong Kong, Taiwan, and Macau
There are two ways for you to pay the fees. You may choose either one.
1. Pay via PayPal
Notes: If you pay with non-US dollars, use the market exchange rate for conversion.
2. You write a personal check made payable to ‘INT ASSOCIATION FOR CHINA PLANNING.’
Mail the check to the following address:
1619 Massachusetts Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20036
Prof. Rui Wang will then deposit the checks for you.
Payment Methods for Participants from Mainland China
If you have any further questions about IACP 12th conference in Xi’an, please contact us via email@example.com.
Past conference archives can be found here.